Studio Tour of the Damned

I don't think I will ever be featured in the glossy pages of "Where Women Create". Welcome to my nightmare/kitchen corner studio. I willingly open myself to public humiliation in the hopes of empowering my fellow artists who don't have the perfect studio yet still manage to make amazing things!








The basement cavern where the totes of fabric are stored is not seen here, nor the living room which is stacked high with materials of all sorts. I don't want to scare you too much.

Comments

  1. It looks wonderful to me, Heather, as things are going on. I wouldn't trade it for a neat-as-a-pin look if that meant sterility.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, I can so relate...my tiny little shed is overflowing, but I sort of know where everything is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Intrigued by the secateurs,or is it just that you put them down distracted by your sewing (I know all about that !)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you are right about the secateurs. They don't have a special sewing related use.

      Delete
  4. yes the Mad Fabric Bomber is deinitely making the rounds--i had to knock her out myself

    ReplyDelete
  5. Making me feel better about my little "rat's nest" corner where I do all my handwork. I just want it all to be within reach without leaving the chair :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I figure you can create a lovely perfect studio or you can create great work - but not both at once! However some people find clutter stimulating and others find it distracting so I guess it all depends, huh? I personally tend to make a mess during but tidy up between projects. Kind of a final end point.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ha, ha, I tell myself that creative people can't think in a meticulous, tidy environment - fibres have drifted to every room except the bathroom. I do most of my thinking in the shower and that doesn't show!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please forgive me for using word verification. The spam robots got to me.